Send summary to the federal cabinet to remove Tehreek-e-Libek's name from the list of banned organizations:
According to Pakistan's Interior Ministry, a summary has been sent to members of the federal cabinet for approval to remove Tehreek-e-Lubaik Pakistan's name from the list of banned organizations.
An Interior Ministry official told the BBC's Shehzad Malik that a summary had been sent on Saturday evening and that a notification would be issued to remove the party from the list after cabinet approval.
According to the official, a circulation summary has been sent to the federal cabinet for approval. Circulation summaries usually refer directly to cabinet members for approval of important matters, and if no response is received from them within 24 hours, the summary is considered approved.
The decision to send a summary of the removal of Tehreek-e-Libek from the list of banned organizations by the Interior Ministry was taken after a recommendation by the Punjab cabinet.
Tehreek-e-Labeek was banned on April 15 this year on the recommendation of the Punjab government, against which the organization had approached the Interior Ministry on April 29. However, a review committee set up by the ministry and then the federal cabinet This decision was justified.
However, a summary sent to the federal cabinet now states that the decision to declare the Libek movement null and void was taken in the wider national interest and to ensure that such incidents (Tehreek-e-Libek protests) do not recur in the future. Don't show up
The decision by the federal government to lift sanctions on Tehreek-e-Lubaik Pakistan under a secret agreement reached with the Tehreek-e-Lubaik last week includes declaring the organization illegal and releasing its workers.
An anti-terrorism court in Lahore on Saturday also granted bail to several TLP leaders in cases registered against them.
The court directed the leaders to submit bail bonds of Rs one lakh each.
Earlier on Friday, the release of dozens of Tehreek-e-Libek activists whose names were included in the Fourth Schedule came into effect. In addition, key leaders of the movement were released.
A petition filed in the Lahore High Court on Thursday seeking the release of Saad Rizvi, head of the Tehreek-e-Lubaik Pakistan, was disposed of by the court on the ground that it was withdrawn. Saad Rizvi was arrested in April this year and is still in custody.
In the Lahore High Court on Thursday, Saad Rizvi's uncle's lawyer Burhan Moazzam said his "application has become ineffective".
It may be recalled that earlier the court had sought arguments on the admissibility of the petition but Saad Rizvi's lawyer Mian Pervez had sought respite from the court saying that matters were being settled with the government in this regard.
However, according to Punjab Advocate General Ahmed Owais, he would not have been the head of Tehreek-e-Lubaik despite the withdrawal of the petition by the uncle of Allama Saad Hussain Rizvi, the leader of the banned party Tehreek-e-Lubaik, before a division bench of the Lahore High Court.
Speaking to the BBC, he had said that after withdrawing the petition, the decision of the Supreme Court two weeks ago would be final in which the court upheld the decision of the single bench of the Lahore High Court regarding the release of Allama Saad Rizvi. Declaring it null and void, it was sent back to the Lahore High Court.
He said that in this decision of the Supreme Court, the court has ordered to look into Section Double One E and Triple One E of the Anti-Terrorism Act in accordance with the law.
The Advocate General of Punjab said that when the matter comes before any bench of Lahore High Court, the Supreme Court will hear it keeping in view the decision of the Supreme Court.
Replying to a question, Ahmed Owais said that even if the Deputy Commissioner wanted, he could not withdraw the detention orders of Allama Saad Rizvi.
He said that such a big decision could not be taken by the Deputy Commissioner alone and he would have to look into the direction of the Supreme Court in this regard.
He said that during the talks held in Lahore with the leadership of Tehreek-e-Libek, the provincial government had made it clear to them that the government would take the same stand on the cases registered against the leadership of the party in the courts as would be in accordance with the law. ۔
The Punjab Advocate General said that a meeting of the Federal Review Board on the detention of Allama Saad Rizvi was being held in Lahore this week. Supreme Court Judge Justice Maqbool Baqir is the head of the Federal Review Board, while one judge each from the Lahore High Court and the Peshawar High Court are members of the board.
The last meeting of the Federal Review Board was adjourned due to TLP riots in Lahore.
One of the main demands of the Lubbock movement has been the release of its emir, Saad Rizvi, who has been in custody since April this year. The leader of Tehreek-e-Libek has not been detained under the pretext of disturbing the peace, but his detention has been carried out under the Anti-Terrorism Act.
It may be recalled that the Lahore High Court had ordered the lifting of Saad Rizvi's detention. However, the Punjab government appealed to the Supreme Court against the decision. He had also sent an order that a division bench of the Lahore High Court should look into the matter.
Background of Saad Rizvi's arrest
It may be recalled that Amir Saad Rizvi of Tehreek-e-Libek, who had threatened a long march towards Islamabad if the French ambassador was not deported by April 20 on the issue of blasphemous sketches of the Prophet of Islam, was detained by Lahore police in mid-April. I took it and they are still under arrest.
Saad Rizvi was accused of inciting his party workers to protest against the government, during which several people were killed and injured in the violence.
After the arrest of Saad Rizvi, the Tehreek-e-Libek launched a series of violent protests in several cities across the country, killing at least four policemen and injuring hundreds more.
Post a Comment