Welcome to SAWAAL.Org. We cover all kinds of News and Events of the world in English and ALL other languages

Saturday, October 23, 2021

Tehreek-e-Labeek's long march: TLP convoy passes Muridke, Sheikh Rashid in Lahore for talks

 Attempts by the banned Tehreek-e-Lubaik Pakistan (TLP) to stop the participants of the 'Long March' in Lahore have failed and the convoy is now moving from Lahore to Islamabad via GT Road.

According to the BBC's Omar Daraz Nangiana, Tehreek-e-Libek Pakistan workers have reached the site of the incident between Lahore and Gujranwala.

Sources of Tehreek-e-Libek said that after leaving Kala Shah Kaku, they did not face any obstacle from the police till Muridke.

At least two policemen have been killed in clashes between protesters and police since Friday evening. A spokesman for the Libek movement also claimed that dozens of workers had been injured and several had been killed.Police officials say more than 50 policemen, including a DSP and two SHOs, were injured in the pelting with stones by convoy participants.

Lahore Police Chief Ghulam Mehmood Dogar inspected the injured personnel at Ganga Ram and Services Hospital in Lahore.

Earlier, after spending the night at Azadi Chowk in Lahore, police fired tear gas at the workers on Saturday morning when they tried to move forward. The administration also closed the area around Azadi Chowk with containers, but the convoy removed the obstacles and moved on.While the internet service suspended in Lahore has been restored after the convoy left Lahore, the authorities have issued orders to suspend internet service in Muridke, Kamunki, Wazirabad and Gujrat district besides Gujranwala city.

The Faizabad area at the confluence of the federal capital Islamabad and Rawalpindi has been sealed off with containers and barricades have been set up on Murree Road, Rawalpindi's main highway, in anticipation of the arrival of the Long March.

The organisation's central council has already said it has "Plan B" if an attempt is made to stop the march.

It is to be noted that the leadership of Tehreek-e-Libek is in Egypt to implement the agreement reached with the government negotiating team on the issue of French ambassador and the organization's protest in April discussed the deportation of French ambassador by Pakistan's National Assembly. It was abolished after the decision to form a special committee forMeanwhile, Federal Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid has reached Lahore for talks with Tehreek-e-Libek. The talks are expected on Saturday and will include a provincial government delegation.

Since arriving in Lahore, the Home Minister has chaired an important meeting in which important decisions are expected to be taken in dealing with the protest.

Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Noor-ul-Haq Qadri, Federal Minister Ali Amin Gandapur besides Provincial Law Minister Raja Basharat, IG Punjab were also present in the meeting.

A statement from Tehreek-e-Libek's central council after the clashes on Friday said that the talks would take place only if Saad Hussain Rizvi, the leader of the Lahore-based militant group, was not released and brought to the procession. He will represent the organization in the negotiations.

Participants in the long march of the Libek movement are demanding the implementation of the agreement to expel the French ambassador from the country and the release of the head of the organization Saad Hussain Rizvi.

However, a meeting of the Federal Review Board on Saturday on the issue of Saad Rizvi's detention was adjourned without any action.

Punjab Advocate General Ahmed Owais told the BBC's Shehzad Malik that the meeting of the Federal Review Board reviewing Saad Rizvi's detention could not be held due to the poor law and order situation. Rizvi's detention will be considered an extension.

He said that the meeting of the Federal Review Board would be held in two weeks. The board also includes Supreme Court Judge Maqbool Baqir and Lahore High Court Judge Ayesha Malik.

It should be noted that the three-member review board consists of judges of the Supreme Court, Lahore High Court and Peshawar High Court.

What happened on friday

According to the BBC's Omar Draz Nangiana, Tehreek-e-Libek activists began marching from their center on Multan Road on Friday after the deadline for accepting their demands expired. Police fired tear gas to stop them near MAO College, and several people were arrested.

Meanwhile, the area from MAO College to Datar Darbar remained the center of clashes. The police has also been charged by the police to throw petrol bombs on the police by police and also said that the independent of the drowners were used by the crowded crowd.

The Punjab Chief Minister, while expressing sympathy and condolences to the families of the police personnel killed in the alleged violence and vehicle collision of the protesters involved in the long march of Tehreek-e-Libek, has ordered stern action against those who took the law into their own hands.

In a statement, Usman Bazdar said that action should be taken against the elements involved in this tragic incident under the law and the rule of law should be ensured in all cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Post Top Ad